Universal Remote Control

Soldato
Looking for a Universal Remote to replace all my remotes. So thats TV, Virgin+ box, Blu Ray player and maybe Xbox360. (not too fussed about xbox)

Ive found this "One For All URC7960" but it only mentions DVD players and not Bluray.... does anyone know if this will work with a bluray player?

If not can anyone suggest a average priced remote.

(Not the Harmony One, thats too much! :( )

Soldato
I would recommend the Harmony simply because it does everything perfectly.

without sounding rude. Why not save up for it. You will be glad you did. I love mine. So simple to use and easy to set up (after the first programming session)

Associate
I second the Harmony. I know it is expensive, and a lot of money to put down on a remote, but I can honestly say it is by far and away the best gadget I have ever bought! It gets used every day and I have never been disappointed with it.

Soldato
Harmony 650
Available for just over £30 from logitech

More like £50 to £60 or if you're lucky maybe a bit less in a sale, even the 600 rarely goes for less than £40, only the 300i goes for around £30.

Op better yet you can get the Harmony 300 (not 300i) for £17 if you do a search, it doesn't have the screen and only does one basic activity but otherwise looks and functions pretty much the same as the others.

More like £50 to £60 or if you're lucky maybe a bit less in a sale, even the 600 rarely goes for less than £40, only the 300i goes for around £30.

Op better yet you can get the Harmony 300 (not 300i) for £17 if you do a search, it doesn't have the screen and only does one basic activity but otherwise looks and functions pretty much the same as the others.

Try

Product SKU: 915-000116B
Product Name: Logitech Harmony® 650 Remote - Blemished Box
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: GBP 33.91
Shipment Tracking Numbers:

Product SKU: SPECIAL OFFER
Product Name: FREE - Back2School UE Earphones 100
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: GBP 0.00
Shipment Tracking Numbers:

Subtotal: GBP 33.91
Shipping: GBP 0.00

Tax: GBP 5.99
Total: GBP 35.91
Discount: GBP 56.39

Plus £3 from topcashback

Recent offer on HUKD but looks to be over now
Was brand new in boxwith all stickers etc in place

Last edited:
Associate
They work with pretty much anything. Mine works with my panasonic blu-ray. Even if it is a device not in their database, they can 'learn' commands from the original remote - although I am yet to try this feature (because everything is in their database).

Man of Honour
...but they're way overpriced most of the time.
I'm not a great fan of Harmonys for various reasons, but I have to disagree with Radiation's point here. I think the sub £100 PC-programmable Harmonys are pretty amazing value.

The way Harmony makes activity based actions easy to programme and fairly fool-proof for the novice really shouldn't be underestimated. This isn't just another universal remote. Let's face it, there's dozens of those to choose from starting at just a few pounds. A Harmony is something altogether more sophisticated.

Prior to Harmonys lauching the only alternative product was Pronto or the Marantz equivalent. The entry-level price for colour was £700. You got a bigger screen and RF functionality as well, but you also had to dedicate a week of your life learning how to program the things. Even then most people ended up with something looking a bit ropey.

Harmony does what most people want for one tenth the price. How can that be anything other than good value?

Back
Top Bottom