Universal WaterBlock 5700xt

Associate
Hiya I have a power color red devil 5700xt and want to watercool it and cannot find any compatible full cover blocks.

I have generally always used universal blocks anyway and never bothered to worry so much about ram and vrms.

I tested my ram and vrm temps yesterday under air and ram got to about 80 with vrms about 65 or so. Do you think I will get away with just cooling the core and putting some passive sinks on the vrms and ram?

Soldato
Should be. It’s possible they may even run cooler with the block soaking all the heat from the core vs the heatsink having to cool all the mem, vrm and core as one unit.

Just have to ensure it has at least some airflow passing over these parts and keep an eye on the temps.

Associate
OP
The verdict is dont bother. CPU core dropped by35/40 degrees, vrms were OK as well around 70 but ram was over a 100! So back on air until I can fidgure something out

Associate
Hiya I have a power color red devil 5700xt and want to watercool it and cannot find any compatible full cover blocks.

I have generally always used universal blocks anyway and never bothered to worry so much about ram and vrms.

I tested my ram and vrm temps yesterday under air and ram got to about 80 with vrms about 65 or so. Do you think I will get away with just cooling the core and putting some passive sinks on the vrms and ram?
Alohacool do one, I’m looking at the gaming x. Not exactly had luck with an Alphacool res which started cracking

Last edited:
Associate
Alphacool do 5700xt Red Devil blocks apparently
They do indeed, I have been running one for a month now on my red devil.... Card never goes above 45 under load..... cant recommend it highly enough. Buy a back plate as it doesn't come with one in the kit and the standard plate looks wrong as its a few inches longer than the card. The block itself is exactly the same length as the card.

Associate
Honestly it all went together fine, was easier than the previous Alphacool blocks I used for my old r9 390's. Thermal pads werent (in my eyes anyway) any thinner than the old pads from previous blocks

Associate
Honestly it all went together fine, was easier than the previous Alphacool blocks I used for my old r9 390's. Thermal pads werent (in my eyes anyway) any thinner than the old pads from previous blocks

Went on easy enough but my mem temps were pretty poor. Put thicker pads on and they came down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom