Unrecognised credit card charge - card is not lost.

Caporegime
So one of my CCs has 2 pending charges for amazon.co.uk
One on Monday, one on Friday.

This is a tad concerning as:

-When I buy from amazon it doesn't say "amazon.co.uk" but has a random string of characters
-Nothing on my amazon account.
-I haven't used my card in a month. And it hasn't left the house.

Has my card been cloned somehow?
Obviously I've frozen the card immediately and in a queue to talk to fraud at the bank.

They are both for 5.99.

Last edited:
Associate
So one of my CCs has 2 pending charges for amazon.co.uk
One on Monday, one on Friday.

This is a tad concerning as:

-When I buy from amazon it doesn't say "amazon.co.uk" but has a random string of characters
-Nothing on my amazon account.
-I haven't used my card in a month. And it hasn't left the house.

Has my card been cloned somehow?
Obviously I've frozen the card immediately and in a queue to talk to fraud at the bank.

They are both for 5.99.
Sounds like a subscription maybe, prime ?

Soldato
I heard about a friend's card who got cloned in Greggs of all places. The store assistant had claimed that the card reader wasn't working, so asked for the customer's card so they could swipe it - unknown to my friend they had also swiped it in their own card reader, which they only realised after seeing several strange transactions on their card later on.

Caporegime
OP
I get the amazon.co.uk rather than amazon * random when using their spread paments over x number of months. Did you do one of those in a previous month? https://www.amazon.co.uk/manage-monthly-payments

You can archive orders so they aren't in your orders list anymore. Have you checked your archived orders in case someone with access to your account has hidden them?

Doesn't look like anything like this. Also I've only made 1 order since March.

Soldato
Send me your long number, CVV and expiry and I'll take a look whilst I am at work/my desk

Edit: thanks for pinging over, just checking now. Can you send a scan of a utility bill please?

Edit2: Utility bill received but could do with a better/in focus pic of passport?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom