Unsigned Driver Woes

Associate
Hey Guys,

Come across a problem I cant solve so looking for some advice please?

I have a machine that has had its drivers updated by one of these malware driver updater programs, unfortunately its replaced numerous drivers and now when I boot in normal mode it gets about 3/4 of the way through the Windows 7 image whirling together icon thing and reboots. However it does boot okay if I press F8 and select the Disable Driver Signature Enforcement option.

I have run sigverif and its comes back with 64 unsigned drivers including vga.sys and a bunch of others.

My question is, is there anyway I can replace only the Microsoft signed drivers back into the system without having to reinstall the OS?

Cheers,
Mike

Associate
Wipe it and start again. You messed up.

I agree.

If you could be completely sure the malware was gone you might be able to reinstall the correct drivers.

But why mess around, reinstall will probably be easier. Once OS and programs are installed create a mirror of the drive, you can then reinstall even faster next time.

Associate
Can you not just install the proper drivers again from the manufacturers website which should over ride the dodgy ones, reboot and then run malware bytes?

But like others have said, fresh re-install would give you piece of mind.

Back
Top Bottom