Unsure where to connect cooler RGB connector

Man of Honour
sorry, I'm not very good at condensing what I am saying any more, so I aplogise for the wall of text post, but I thought that you might benefit from what I learnt recently :)
It was interesting, thanks for sharing! I'll probably never 100% understand this RGB thing, but it did clarify a few points.

Only remaining question - how many fans can you daisy chain onto a single header? Or, is it better to buy a splitter/controller and connect all the fans to this and then this to the D_LED header?
There are two headers and I'm already confused again about which one you're using, but in the manual it says the 5v header is 5A (25 watts) and the 12v header is 2A (24 watts), so I think you can fit a decent amount on one of those headers, 2-3 should be no problem at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
ow many fans can you daisy chain onto a single header?
I'd stick to 4 unless you know exactly how many amps the header is putting out, how many amps the fans draw, and do the maths, then you could max out per header
I'd worry less about daisy chaining pwm fans to the cpu pwm header,because I feel practically positive that that header would have sufficiant amps to run plenty of pwn fans on it, as that is kinda what it is for, other than just the cpu cooler! the board makers surely know this! which motherboard are you thinking about daisy chaing on, and what type of fans, then I could try to look up that board's header amps

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom