Until Dawn

Soldato
After watching that trailer, I get the feeling as well this might be average at best?
I hope we will see another epic release from Quantic Dream eventually! Heavy rain was in my top 5 games on ps3.

I just cant believe they show a trailer of really choppy game play!

Just get a feeling that if its bad, the campy teen horror vibe will be used as an excuse to cover up a bad game? We will know soon enough is it out tomorrow? If so i imagine reviews will hit soon

*edit my bad its next week

Last edited:

Edz

Edz

Soldato
Reviews are starting to arrive and tbh I am quite surprised by some of the scores, lowest so far is IGN at 7.5, but it seems to be hitting around 8-9 by some of the smaller sites.

Soldato
Reviews are starting to arrive and tbh I am quite surprised by some of the scores, lowest so far is IGN at 7.5, but it seems to be hitting around 8-9 by some of the smaller sites.

Surprising, it looks like its being quite well received, I looked over the trophy listings and its already got quite a few on psn profiles that have 100% this game, but reading around it'll take a few play throughs to ensure everyone makes it out alive if I read correctly...

Well always good to read a possible iffy game perform well in the press.

Soldato
Oh no you don't PS4, Everyone's gone to the rapture stung with it's high reviews and attractive price. Not getting done like that again until I see a chorus of support on these forums!

Do you like QTE heavy choose your own style adventure games? If not this probably isn't for you.

Do you like QTE heavy choose your own style adventure games? If not this probably isn't for you.

I struggled with Heavy Rain I'll be honest, but that was down to the narrative and story content. I'll happily sit through the pace of a story drive/QTE game if it's got the right content and pacing. I love a good story and I don't mind about the medium so much.

EGTTR seemed to have that from the trailers, it looked intriguing and initially the way the plot was delivered was enough to lure me in. However after an hour or so it just seemed to drag and the voice acting started to grate on me as a result. Rather than looking forward to the next tidbit of story I found myself wanting to get past it find something else to explore or get to a pivotal part just to feel like progress was being made.

As I said in the EGTTR thread it wasn't all bad:
Stephen's arc was well done - particularly the latter part of it but then Kate's was over before it started and the way it ended just felt really hollow and disconnected. It honestly felt like watching the last episode of Lost again, which is something because I gave years to that TV programme and EGTTR got a fraction of that time!

Anyway, you live and you learn and sometimes it's best to see what the early adopters think first. :D

Soldato
Loved heavy rain. One game I hope appears on ps4 as only thing that ruined heavy rain for me was the awful screen tear.

I thoroughly enjoyed everyone has gone to the rapture as well , nice change of pace and I enjoyed the story and the fact I was still trying to work out the ending so I replayed it all again to better understand it all.

I "might" take a punt on this one not sure yet..

Soldato
Has anyone's preload started yet? I keep getting an error.

i've gone ahead and pre ordered based on reviews and youtube videos as I do like a heavy rain style game, so its now up to me to decide if I like it, and I think I will so I just went for it...

Its been a dry month for me and games, only purchased one - Everyone has gone to the rapture so my monthly gaming funds look quite healthy, so pre ordered.

Game won't pre load for me either. Some C - 2xxxx error code. no idea what it means..

Soldato
It's out today in NZ so will pick it up and report back tomorrow, the reviews are a bit mixed but it's my kind of game and the wife is keen on trying to get all of them killed (that should probably worry me!).

Back
Top Bottom