Unuseable .eu domain!

Associate
I registered a .eu domain last month and the whois records reflect this. I used 123-reg who took the money and have yet to answer my e-mails as to why I am still unable to use it after 4 weeks!

I don't suppose there's much I can do about it. Anyone else having difficulties?

Adz

Adz

Soldato
It looks to me as if the domain has been registered correctly, it's just that 123-reg's nameservers aren't answering. Are you using their hosting?

Associate
OP
Nope. I can't seem to change the nameservers either, even though the relevant page allows me to attempt it, nothing actually happens. I guess as they're not yet 'released' and unavailable, that nothing can be done with them.

As previously stated, I'm annoyed that they were quick enough to take my money yet drag their feet in answering my questions. Someone owes me a month of usage.

Associate
I've always had trouble with this company and EU domains. Atleast yours appears to be registered!

During the sunrise period, they offered to pre-register. I know this doesn't guarantee and it depends on which registrar gets there first. anyway, they had a checker on their website which would allow you to see if anyone else has paid to pre-register that domain with them, or the status of any applications made during sunrise. Their checker thing was fake. It did nothing at all! It would just put a nice loading GIF under it when it was clicked, then second later (exact) it would redirect you to a page with static values saying Available.

From what i have been able to find out. This company did not attempt to register ANY domains on the 4th April. It took the money from its customers and held it for a while (gaining interest no doubt) Then once everything was up and running they went through the pre-registerations and attempted to register them with eurid or whoever the registry is. When a lot of them failed, it then kept the money for abit longer (1-2 weeks) and emailed the customer to say it was unsuccessful and gave them a choice to have the money back or to monitor that domain for a year using that fee.

Whilst they did not attempt to register any EU domains, they took my and many other customers money and pocketed the interest on it. Now a month later they send out emails trying toi persuade you to use that fee to monitor the domain instead.

I'm really annoyed about it. When i find a registrar willing to have all of my domains without a transfer fee (don't mind paying admin charge annually) i will be moving away from them. I used to like their ease of registring and features, but this latest stunt has put me off them for good.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
I don't think this is a sunrise problem. The domain is registered in your name. I'd wager it's a 123-reg bug preventing you from changing the nameservers. Their nameservers are in place but don't answer for the domain.

Associate
Adz said:
I don't think this is a sunrise problem. The domain is registered in your name. I'd wager it's a 123-reg bug preventing you from changing the nameservers. Their nameservers are in place but don't answer for the domain.

Which is spot on, I have a email somewhere from a fault I logged with them because I was unable to change nameservers. They did reply offering to change the nameservers manually and did it within a couple of hours of my reply.

The email I received about the problem on the 30th.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in having your .eu domains
ready to be administered. Our engineers are working on the problem and
hope to have a resolution shortly. In the meantime, we hope to put a
message up on our status page at www.123-reg.co.uk/status.cgi , please
watch this page for further updates, as any information we have will be
posted there.

The short of it is, it would seem that you/we are unable to change the nameservers for .eu's via the control panel. :(

Back
Top Bottom