Unusual Danish Childrens TV

Associate
OP
Yep thats the point its really a reflection of our own concerns and prudishness about "willys" then it is a about childrens safety. Children (and I have a son who is 8 hence why it perked my interest) just think all "bits" are funny they dont attach the perversions and associations we do because they havent been around long enough. In saying that however I wouldn't let him watch it as he would be in school the next day trying to save people with said appendage! :)

Caporegime
It's just more evidence of the degenerative decline of the west. I'm all for freedom of expression etc but stuff like this aimed at children is frankly perverse. It's more worrying culturally that so many people find it acceptable and that even though some people will find it offensive it won't be banned from existence unlike bad language, historical statues, political views etc, not that I support censorship either I'm just highlighting the double standards. I guess my point is in a healthy society this type of thing would never come to be because at some stage, if not all stages people would realise it is wrong.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's my point - young children don't because they haven't yet been conditioned to do so.

What does body image have to do with this cartoon? Am I missing something?

Ok, I thought you was making a general point about body positivity.

Is the point you're making that seeing the naked body doesn't automatically mean it is something sexual?

Man of Honour
[..] Is the point you're making that seeing the naked body doesn't automatically mean it is something sexual?

A point that shouldn't need to be made at all, given how obvious it is. It's the weird (and often disturbing) obsessions of society that are the problem and young children usually haven't yet been afflicted by them.

Or to put it another way:

Yep thats the point its really a reflection of our own concerns and prudishness about "willys" then it is a about childrens safety. Children (and I have a son who is 8 hence why it perked my interest) just think all "bits" are funny they dont attach the perversions and associations we do because they havent been around long enough. [..]

Soldato
The whole view around this sort of thing is still hugely behind in the UK. Sex Ed at school for me was dire and I'm 25, so it wasn't that many moons ago.

This will likely be funny for the targeted audience, whilst those older will understand the slightly more perverse argument to it.

Back
Top Bottom