• ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
  • ASRock X570 Extreme4
  • ASRock X570 Taichi
  • ASRock X570 Pro4
  • ASRock X570 Pro4 R2.0
  • ASRock X570M Pro4
  • ASRock X570M Pro4 R2.0

Permabanned
The Asus Pro WS X570-ACE will be a really interesting board. Hinting at the availability of higher core count CPUs intended for workstations. And still on the AM4 :eek:

Soldato
asus will look a lot like aorus vrm wise this time around , almost a clone i believe .
MSI and Aorus still keeping the same caliber as z390 but not coping each other . have heard on asrock yet
VRM count is HIGH, reason why AMD hasn't offcially stated B350 Support for Zen2 and leaving it up to Mobo Vendors to decide if their boards are able to handle it

Man of Honour
@orbitalwalsh have you any inside knowledge about the differences between x570 and b550? I mean stuff like the vrms etc...will it still be enough to run a 16c ryzen?

Also will b550 support pcie 4? And is it an amd in house design like x570 or will it still use asmedia chipset?

I know connectivity eg usb ports etc will be less but I'm ok with that.

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh have you any inside knowledge about the differences between x570 and b550? I mean stuff like the vrms etc...will it still be enough to run a 16c ryzen?

Also will b550 support pcie 4? And is it an amd in house design like x570 or will it still use asmedia chipset?

I know connectivity eg usb ports etc will be less but I'm ok with that.

no idea on that one, if i did, most likely i'd be shot in the foot with AMD haha :d.
I wouldnt be surprised if B550 did have PCIe 4.0 - no reason not to and no extra costs . AMD at pcie limit to intel so if they can shift to match or beat b360 hopefully they would . Having Dual NVMe x4 would be a nice uplift from b450 boards x4 and x2 m.2's.

b550 is actually under lot more lock and key then x570 - think launch is beginning Q4.

again they should follow suit with all in house . Intel did it with B360 and then Z390 - z370 wasn't in house to do larger node, and then they rolled b365 which was large node and not in-house.

b450 Strix E over F is a good indication :D

Soldato
:p

oh no, beginning to be pushed back :( well...i guess it'll give a bit more time for ryzen 3000 prices to settle.
no rush from me lol
#3770kftw

x570 still in lin for computex . think thought they are out in June, but makes sense just after . They didn't show at last years computex which was would have been awesome for PR.

I have a feeling most will be 6+2 phase set up . 8 channel PWM - just the question of using 2x lo and hi side ( gigabyte shouldn't be making same mistake twice) . Its the question of if vendors copy Strix E and use Doublers.. even if cheapest units they can get. Gigabyte z390 budget boards shown can use cheap, hot units, but enough of them and with good heatsink and some PR...golden

Man of Honour
x570 still in lin for computex . think thought they are out in June, but makes sense just after .
yeah, if product differentiation for b550/x570 is vrm and connectivity, then as long as b550 vrms are capable of handling 16c decently, then better choice would be to wait for b550.
99.99% of computer users don't need sli, nor 10 bajillion usb/sata ports etc

Soldato
yeah, if product differentiation for b550/x570 is vrm and connectivity, then as long as b550 vrms are capable of handling 16c decently, then better choice would be to wait for b550.
99.99% of computer users don't need sli, nor 10 bajillion usb/sata ports etc

I have a feeling they wont do well... just have to take a look at 1st batch of X399 TR boards and VRM count.. aorus updated their range a bit but Pro is entry board - designed to handle 16 core chips

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/X399-AORUS-PRO-rev-10#kf

8+2 x50A power stages ( IR3578 )

Xtreme uses the same but 10+3

Xtreme was meant to handle 4ghz at 32core with 14nm node ...

https://www.kitguru.net/components/leo-waldock/gigabyte-x399-aorus-xtreme-review-w-amd-2990wx/6/

but have a feeling is Ryzen 3000 16 core can hit 5ghz all cores with 7nm... still will be hot (least chiplet design will spread heat unlike being one die) and consume more power, just like any overclock- all that R&D time for best performance to power is wasted

BUT....ITX boards like Aorus and MSI use integrated phases - and asus did you a 12 phase B450 board... being 10+2 ( with 5 doublers)

Man of Honour
I have a feeling they wont do well... just have to take a look at 1st batch of X399 TR boards and VRM count.. aorus updated their range a bit but Pro is entry board - designed to handle 16 core chips
hopefully with the power efficiency saving...could run 12 core chips...guess 16c a bit of an ask lol.
will have to differentiate the product stack somewhat. else have el-cheapos like me trying to eek out best value parts :D

Soldato
hopefully with the power efficiency saving...could run 12 core chips...guess 16c a bit of an ask lol.
will have to differentiate the product stack somewhat. else have el-cheapos like me trying to eek out best value parts :D

I had a feeling heat and power would have sucked if they just kept the same design but shrunk it , having chiplets and IO chips, more points to let out heat with IHS ... my theory anyways .

feeling we'll see a trend of smaller nodes at stock speed being fast and cooling, but overclocking them- die area wont be enough and will get hot hot - wonder if that was a down side to Vega 7- smaller but not enough surface area to rid heat

Man of Honour
yeah probably right. cuz although actual power draw is less, but power density (power per area) would probably be worse...

Back
Top Bottom