updating PC a bit, PSU, CPU fan

Associate
I'm after a good quality low power PSU to reaplce my elecy draining "pretty" one!.

At the moment I'm running 550w and don't think i need that much for a purely surfing PC.

Was looking at the 360W Zalman model, any good?

Also looking at changing my bog stand cpu cooler for something a touch better, I'm running a Anthon AMD 2400 chip.

Budget is around 100 for both, preferable less.

Thanks Paul.

Associate
OP
Thanks for that, sounds good from the blurb and if it's silent, thats good enough for me!

Just bought another stick of RAM to go in , I think i'll leave the CPU cooler for now, as i remeber I paid 35 odd for it last time so must be a bit better than a bog standard one i thought it was.

Only other thing I might want to change iso the graphics card, it's just a cheap MX-440. PC isn't used for gaming but I'm editing pitures quite a lot so would changing the graphics card improve picture quality on monitor? Monitors a Samsung SyncMaster 710v 17" TFT.

Thanks again.

Associate
OP
Thought I would update..

I got al the bits through other day..was like x-mas had come early :D

But very impressed with all of it, the Seasonic PSU is very quiet, I like the extra bit it comes with for case fan control and the molex plugs are soooo easy to take off with the little clips.

the Graphics card I'm having troubles installing drivers at the moment, but need to wait until I format to do all of that which I'm also having troubles with (post in windows software...HELP!)

Stick of ram working nicely, easily noticing the increase in speed.

Thanks all for your help.

Back
Top Bottom