Upgrade advice intel or Amd

Associate
OP
I used artic silver and never had to reapply, and was going to use it, but was told it's really old school (was over 15 yes ago)...its also electrically conductive so if you make a mess can fry your mobo...hence why I started reading up a bit. The mx4 and mx5(this years stuff) is artic's more modern pastes which are long lasting and non conductive. They require a 24 hrs curing after application though go fully dry etc but then good to go. Just not quite as good as the noctua in my opinion, but to be fair, think unless you doing serious over locking, they'd all be fine
Cheers for the help

Associate
OP
So started the build today and noticed the cpu cooler is damaged :mad:

Z3VIwhyGpzBR.jpg

Associate
OP
Annoying but wont make any difference, does the fan cover it ?

Yes the fan covers it didn't think of that but there's a few bits missing I think screwdriver, amazon warehouse job and it's now cheaper to buy brand new :rolleyes: from amazon.

Just trying to work out what to do with all my old parts

7LxFb5T9BEIr.jpg

Man of Honour
Yes the fan covers it didn't think of that but there's a few bits missing I think screwdriver, amazon warehouse job and it's now cheaper to buy brand new :rolleyes: from amazon.

Just trying to work out what to do with all my old parts

7LxFb5T9BEIr.jpg
Sell them, keep as a back up components or build a spare pc there's a real benefit to be able to test components.

Associate
Regarding fan cant you return it as damaged? Get a refund and order again, or just do a swap?...that is if damage is going to ge something that will constantly be in back of mind and irritate you...

Associate
OP
Regarding fan cant you return it as damaged? Get a refund and order again, or just do a swap?...that is if damage is going to ge something that will constantly be in back of mind and irritate you...
Yes that's what I'm doing sending it back tomorrow and the replacement arrives before 1pm and costs a few £'s less :)

Associate
OP
Not having much luck with this cooler :cry: this arrived apparently the warehouse had a leak and all the couriers parcels were wet, more like they left them out in the heavy rain this morning.

5SnCPCVOZQvX.jpg

Associate
OP
I've just got a new bitfenix 230mm fan which is going on the bottom and replacing the 2 smaller akasa fans.

It's got me thinking have I got the airflow right?

At the moment that is how I've got my fans plus one going on the cpu cooler directing airflow onto the ram

I'm confused as to the bottom fan should it be intake or exhaust? And should I change the fan next to the cpu around?

YnwKkmAHqA9l.png

Associate
Don't know much about that case. I'd post the question in case central too under new thread, as there are some on this forum that have the case

Associate
OP
I agree amazon warehouse is hit & miss tbh.

Only thing is if your going for something expensive record yourself opening the box as I've read lots of story's where people don't get what they've ordered and it's a bit of a nightmare with amazon then.

Happy with my build for some reason it wouldn't boot when I reconnected my ssd so I had to reinstall windows 10 again???

Associate
I’ve bought other items off warehouse (non electrical) and it’s been ok. When the price difference is less than £10 I tend to pay the higher price. The same goes with Amazon vs third party retailers on the platform. The resolution through Amazon is much easier if it is bought and sold from Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom