Associate
Morning All,

This is my current rig:

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980TI
ASUS Z97-P motherboard
I7 - 4790 @3.60mhz 4 core
16 GB DDR3 RAM
250GB SSD

I am after some advice to the next upgrade, in context I use FSX and now FSW & Prepar3d. My current rig can manage however with a view to the future I am thinking about replacing some of the key parts. My GPU can probably stay but I am not sure with the motherboard, chip and RAM.

Ideally I would like the components to ensure that during the next 5 years I can run pretty much anything, essentially a very high-end Intel based system, Any helpful suggestions would be great, budget is not really an issue.

Thanks.

Soldato
Welcome to the forums.

Ideally I would like the components to ensure that during the next 5 years I can run pretty much anything, essentially a very high-end Intel based system, Any helpful suggestions would be great, budget is not really an issue.
As you seem more comfortable with INTEL you will benefit by waiting a couple of months for INTEL's Coffee Lake launch.

It will be more expensive than Ryzen but should tick all your boxes.

Associate
OP
Welcome to the forums.

As you seem more comfortable with INTEL you will benefit by waiting a couple of months for INTEL's Coffee Lake launch.

It will be more expensive than Ryzen but should tick all your boxes.

Thank you Plec, Any idea's with compatible motherboards that will take DDR4 RAM?

Soldato
Thank you Plec, Any idea's with compatible motherboards that will take DDR4 RAM?
For which socket?

The new 1151 motherboards will be DDR 4 by default (unless you search out older boards).

If you're talking about your existing 1150 socket that's DDR3 only.

Back
Top Bottom