Upgrade advice

Associate
OP
Ye the top/front could be a potential aio for gpu, and who knows I’ll need a cpu aio in future. But I like to have options even if they might never happen.

Thanks for the help so far, I’ll try to post a pic once here and hopefully fully assembled and functional lol

Soldato
Mmm, also bigger pre installed fans...you making me change my mind
Swings and round abouts - you wouldn't need an additional fan with your intended cooling (but if you wanted cooler temps always an option).

Plus, the be quiet fans are - well - quiet. If a silent, unobtrusive black box with further options is your bag then it's a solid choice:

That said - if you're going over budget, stick with the Kolink.

Associate
OP
Will I be fine with a be quiet pure power 11 700w 80 plus gold at £89.99?

so I can avoid going to another online shop and pay extra delivery costs

Soldato
I bought the below recently to play with - a bit more expensive but comes with suitably large intake fan and has a minimal venting (so less noise escaping) at the top of the case - but can be adpated for full venting if wanted.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Nice choice, Mr Plec. I love me some 140mm fans even at the rear. Did you install the front fan/s in interior side of the fan mount for a little better airflow?

Soldato
Nice choice, Mr Plec. I love me some 140mm fans even at the rear. Did you install the front fan/s in interior side of the fan mount for a little better airflow?
Hey, @Danny75 thanks - it's not fully setup yet - boxes everywhere :/

I did a rush order a couple of days ago - 2 x full computers and upgrades for son's - as feared price hikes would hit when i intended to originally upgrade my systems. Initial impressions of the case are very impressive for the money - plus i have spare bequiet fans to play with but suspect the top vent adaptor/panel will allow me to experiment without the possibility of extra fans (will play for best silent combo and let you know if interested.)

EDIT: Sorry, in answer to your question - yes, i will be trying this as standard setup is on the outside from memory of inpsection.

Soldato
I did a rush order a couple of days ago - 2 x full computers and upgrades for son's - as feared price hikes would hit when i intended to originally upgrade my systems. Initial impressions of the case are very impressive for the money - plus i have spare bequiet fans to play with but suspect the top vent adaptor/panel will allow me to experiment without the possibility of extra fans (will play for best silent combo and let you know if interested.)

Definitely. :)

Nice spec too Claudio. Enjoy.

Soldato
Looks good - but am slightly bias to quiet black boxes that emit zero light.

That £10 saved buying the 650W went nicely towards the PB 500 - free case upgrade.

EDIT: I would check on the delay with the pre-order on the FUMA.

Associate
OP
Hi Plec,

just a follow up, everything apart from the cooler has arrived and already put together. Posted straight away, set xmp profile and got ram recognised as well. Bit of cable management and here it is: https://imgur.com/a/8czsIX4

Edit: Incredibly silent!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom