Upgrade advice

Associate
Hey guys, I'm wondering what would be the best thing for me to upgrade in my current build. Here are my specs:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU - RX 5700xt

Mobo - B450M

RAM - 1x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz

PSU - Cooler Master 750W Fully Modular

I've had my AMD GPU for about 7 months but I'm not overly happy with the driver support for a lot of games. I was thinking about switching the RX 5700xt for a 30 series card (3070 most likely) and getting a dual channel ram instead of my single 16GB stick. Advice is much appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Soldato
Definatly get another stick of ram. You could be losing 10%+ fps just from that alone.

A 5600x will also give you system a good boost depedning upon what games and resolution yu play in.

Good luck finding a 3070 for naywhere near a sensable price :( It would be a good upgrade though.

Associate
OP
Definatly get another stick of ram. You could be losing 10%+ fps just from that alone.

A 5600x will also give you system a good boost depedning upon what games and resolution yu play in.

Good luck finding a 3070 for naywhere near a sensable price :( It would be a good upgrade though.

It would definitely be a task to get one. I'm willing to be patient though. I just hope that the CPU isn't going to bottleneck the 3070 too much, but from what I've read it doesn't seem to do so much. Thanks for the input!

Associate
When you say driver support, what issues are you having? If you want Nvidia I'll gladly swap my 1070 for your 5700xt

Your PC seems pretty decent to me, apart from the dodgy RAM choice.

How did you end up with 1x16Gb?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom