Upgrade Advise

Thanks for all the help guys, think I'm going to go with:
These are all pretty decently priced here at Overclockers so will be grabbing them here.

I plan to set the AIO cooler as exhaust at the top and, looking at the awesome video @NovaKill4 posted, got some fan ideas. Pretty expensive at the moment to LED it up but will see how it performs and probably put some intake fans at the bottom/side to douse the 1080 GLH I have.

Cool I'll look into if the difference is really worth it. Looking at it a couple years ago RAM speed didn't really come into it much when you're talking about squeezing a couple extra FPS out of a game.

Also perhaps AIO as an intake at the front would be best here as I have an open GPU:

Cool I'll look into if the difference is really worth it. Looking at it a couple years ago RAM speed didn't really come into it much when you're talking about squeezing a couple extra FPS out of a game.
ram speed helps with the min fps drops, smoothing out gameplay. even for coffeelake.
(but we're talking small overall gains here though)

the optimum ram speed/timing is 3200 cl14. coffeelake is latency sensitive-ish
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews...Memory_Performance_Benchmark_Analysis/11.html

Save cash on the ram unless your pushing for a big overclock all around, but then you'd be choosing Taichung/hero /Aorus 7 board :)

That or get the 3800hz Xtreme kit.. same price !

Last edited:
no idea on that one, usually deal with asus and gigabyte boards .

looks like 3...

It's 5 **

- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)**
- 1 x CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin)***
- 2 x Chassis Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
- 1 x Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin)****

Last edited:
Yeah, so looking here:
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z370 Extreme4/index.asp#Specification

If I connect the AIO cooler here:
- 1 x CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin)***

Than am I right in saying there's only 2 left that have the PWM speed control, and 2 others that would just power the fan at 100%?

If so I guess I'll need a hub to put them all together or perhaps a different board is needed to support more fans?

Back
Top Bottom