Upgrade before changing monitor?

Associate
By far a new gpu will give your more fps and the biggest boost to your system if you get the 3060ti.

Monitor first and then if youe not happy gpu, cpu motherboard and memorry will probably give you a max 20% performance inrease in gaming where a 3060ti is at least twice the performance of the rx 570.

Wow that is a huge increase.
I had the RX580 prior to the 3060ti so i'm assuming it was slightly better than the 570 ?

Associate
Hi Von, I did get this monitor and wondered if you had any settings over and above stock to get the most out of the monitor?

Hey congratulations on your new monitor.

Firstly, have you changed your speed to 144 Hz? Display settings - Advance Display Settings - Refresh rate.

Secondly are you using Display Port?

I would suggest you search on either the manufacturers website for guidance or YouTube? Personally on my monitors I selected Text to lower brightness, but my monitor is 7 years old and TN panel.

Associate
OP
Hey congratulations on your new monitor.

Firstly, have you changed your speed to 144 Hz? Display settings - Advance Display Settings - Refresh rate.

Secondly are you using Display Port?

I would suggest you search on either the manufacturers website for guidance or YouTube? Personally on my monitors I selected Text to lower brightness, but my monitor is 7 years old and TN panel.
Thank you - I've changed to 144 and using DP. Might be an adjustment but seems mega bright.

Associate
OP
I had that problem, which is why I selected text. But my monitor is a different beast to yours. Have you opened the menu up on monitor, should have profiles, games etc, text.

I am glad you have 144 Hz! Does it feel smoother?
So many options to play with, including HDR. It does feel smoother but I need to get the balance right

Associate
HDR, great to have the option, I know that modern games on PC are using it now. Xbox Series X does it on auto for games.

However, lots of monitors may not have the brightness levels for it. However, you state your monitor is bright! So hopefully you should be fine.

Man of Honour
Wow that is a huge increase.
I had the RX580 prior to the 3060ti so i'm assuming it was slightly better than the 570 ?
The rx 580 is 10 to 15 % faster than the 570 bet your loving your 3060ti

So many options to play with, including HDR. It does feel smoother but I need to get the balance right
Check what fps your getting.

Soldato
Seems like a bit of a bad time to be doing this. Getting a monitor capable of displaying higher resolution and FPS is an ok idea for future proofing - but you'd really want to match that with a GPU capable of driving it at least somewhere near it's capabilities. And GPUs are the moment are ridiculous.

Associate
OP
Seems like a bit of a bad time to be doing this. Getting a monitor capable of displaying higher resolution and FPS is an ok idea for future proofing - but you'd really want to match that with a GPU capable of driving it at least somewhere near it's capabilities. And GPUs are the moment are ridiculous.
I did take a gamble but seems like somehow my current rig is doing the job albeit I'm on the lookout for upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom