Upgrade check, advice for improvement appreciated

Associate
Hi
Looking to upgrade my somewhat ageing Core2Duo system and get back into gaming a little, what with Stalker 2 on the horizon.

Existing case is suitable, peripherals all ok, have 1tb ssd and I'm hoping PSU will suffice too (SuperFlower 80plus Bronze 550w). I just need the big 4 as it were..

My budget was around £600-700, but that was never going to happen. Looking at these options, if anyone can suggest improvements for similar price (or better for cheaper of course). Much appreciated!

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £902.89 (includes delivery: £7.99)​

If I did go for a new case and PSU would these be sufficient...​
Thank you!​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for replies. Thinking about it longevity is a factor too, as I won't want to upgrade for a long time, so going for the later AM5 stuff and spending the extra is probably best option.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Cheers. Sorry didn't realise Kolink were a dog crap brand, I'm very out of touch with technology these days.

I'll swap the PSU with something better, same with case and £30 extra for the Powercolor 6700xt seems a better choice.

I'm looking at end of Feb to be buying, no doubt prices will all have completely changed by then.

Associate
OP
Yes prices shift all the time and you really do have to keep an eye on things. What can be a good deal one day becomes poor the next. Post a fresh spec a day or 2 before you intend to press buy and get more upto date feedback.

Will do, cheers. Got a good starting point now though so will comeback in a couple weeks and do just that.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Sorry, I selected wrong motherboard, it should be the Gigabyte board,

I've seen where the cooler is he mentioned, so yeah may get that instead.

I'm looking at wanting it up and running for early to mid March, so probably won't wait for 7800x 3d to come out in hope of a cheaper 7700x.

Forgot to add Win 11 into budget .

Back
Top Bottom