upgrade coming up :D

Soldato
Hay all.

Right i am getting 5850 and OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Certified Modular Power Supply on the 27th this month :D

And about 2 weeks later i will be upgrading the rest of the pc.

I was thinking this.

I am not sure if the ram i picked will work with the motherboard and if the cpu cooler will fit ok with that ram as it looks like it will stick out a bit.

Anything that don't look good or should i change ?

My case is aeroview CoolView case

Thanks for any advice :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The 790X chipset does Crossfire at PCI-E 2.0 8X/8X although this should be fine ATM. The 790FX chipset and the upcoming 890FX chipset do Crossfire at PCI-E 2.0 16X/16X.

Also the Phenom II X6 is being released in the next two weeks or so it seems and hopefully this should help reduce the prices of some AMD and Intel CPUs.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

I will think about changing cooler or ram probs the ram :)

How much are the 790FX and 890FX going to be hope not to much :D

Aout 2 weeks for the new cpus is good timing for me then :D

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
To save a little cash i swapped the cooler for cheaper one and also got a internal dvd rw.

How this look is that a good cpu cooler or is there better for around 20 pounds ?

Thanks.

Soldato
Permabanned
Cheers :)

So the Antec 550W better then even if its got lower watts ? and could i crossfire 5850s later if i wanted with the antec?

Thanks.

The Antec 550w is made by Seasonic, and received the gold award in a PC magazine i read. it actually beat a whole load of other more expensive PSU's.

I think crossfireing 2x 5850's would require a high powered PSU.

Soldato
OP
Thanks stulid the 650 looks great and mite as well spend extra money now so i have option later to crossfire :)

I changed the cpu cooler as i think the arctic one won't fit right with the ram.

That cooler i picked any good ?

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom