[Upgrade] - Devils Advocate

Associate
Here we go again,

I've managed to put off the urge to do something for nearly 5 years. :eek:

Even resisted the temptation to go i7 4770K .. but I just could not resist Devils Canyon.

Today, the OCUK Postman bought me something .... the first of many somethings..

sqaYx3w.jpg

My poor Obsidian case is in for a treat!

** The box at the bottom is THIRTY GRAMS of PK-1 ! .... why the hell I ... how the hell I .... I don't even ... I could paint the house in the stuff with that amount

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The second card arrived today from the "Rain Forest" (I had a gift card sorry OCUK, not my money)

s1gkWyD.jpg

Two of these will accompany the 4790K
I decided on the WindForce cards after trialling one and realising how utterly silent they run even at load.

and I'll watercool the CPU, 'maybe' in the future I'll WC the GPU's ... just for the looks !

Associate
OP
The gang is all here !

The remaining parts all arrived this morning ! WOOT! :D

and I'm on a day off "purely coincidental! M'Lord" :eek:

Intel Core i7 4790K
Swiftech Apogee HD
XSPC Dual bay res with D5 Vario

2 x GTX 780 WINDFORCE 3GB
(not under water this time)

16GB Kingston BEAST HyperX
0yRWL3h.jpg

now seeing as the missus is away I need to do a turbo clean of the house and then get cracking.

Say goodbye to AMD everybody !
"Bye Bye AMD !"

Associate
OP
you need to put those gpus under water!!
Normally I would, but I don't think I'm keeping them long enough to spend money on the water blocks.

This is my interim (Oculus Ready) rig.

Secondly, the WINDFORCE cards are ridiculously quiet !!

I can hear the PSU fan louder than one of them at full load after an hour+ Mtro last light.
Haha know the feeling when you get told "clear that kitchen table before your tea is ready !"

Enjoy the upgrading :D
We had Indian delivered.... I got the "GLARE OF DEATH!" as there was not an inch of kitchen counter free to place dinner
haha I'm about to start a build myself and I think by better half is going to kill me when I take over the dining table
She arrived home early !

I was half inside the 800D case and the kitchen was FULL of my gear and PC parts....

Honestly, her face ! ... it could only have been worse if she'd walked in on me fapping while sat on the table.

it got to 10PM last night and I had to call it quits, the motherboard is in and the CPU block.

Just working out a good loop and figuring how to put in a drain line

should have fun tonight!

Associate
She arrived home early !

I was half inside the 800D case and the kitchen was FULL of my gear and PC parts....

Honestly, her face ! ... it could only have been worse if she'd walked in on me fapping while sat on the table.

it got to 10PM last night and I had to call it quits, the motherboard is in and the CPU block.

Just working out a good loop and figuring how to put in a drain line

should have fun tonight!

haha that's hilarious! my parts are getting delivered tomorrow so I'm dreading the reaction. especially if the baby is asleep and the delivery man makes the dog bark.

anyway, can't wait to see more!

Back
Top Bottom