• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade from 1070FTW?

Associate
Have the itch :rolleyes:

The current card does everything that I ask - monitor runs at 3440 x 1440 (60hz)and no freesync or gsync and it is not yet overclocked (Current constant boost is about 2100). Card is watercooled.

But am tempted ref the Strix 64 , the evga 2070 black or the cheapest 2080 deals (and maybe amd v7). - Not overly interested in RTX but am mindful that in the future it may become a BIG deal (tbh I have doubts)

Did decide that a move to a 1070ti or 1080 was not worth it.

It would be the intention to watercool any new card (once blocks are being built).

Budget to include the anticipated sale price of the 1070 + block is about £600-£700 (+ block which I would buy later).

What would you do?

n.b. am running 5820k @4.2

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeh, I would (and am) bypass the 20** series and see what the 30** iteration is like, and what AMD can bring to the table.

I recently upgraded to an UW 1440P Gsynced monitor and I thought coming from 1080P my 1070 would struggle.

Due to Gsync and not being restrained by Vsync, I was pleasantly surprised by how well it performs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom