Upgrade from 2014 Ford Fiesta

Associate
Hi all,

Was looking to upgrade my car to something a bit better behind the wheel in terms of refinement and comfort. Just something nice to sit in, with nice tech like Apple Car Play, climate control, the usual suspects.

My last three cars have been Fiestas and I'm driving a 2014 Fiesta Titanium (125hp 1.0 Ecoboost).

I've had a few cars in my head and looking around AutoTrader filtered to the following:

2016-17 or newer (catching the mid life facelifts of many of the below cars)
Manual
Petrol
Hatchback
5 doors

I don't do massive miles (around 6k year)

Some that have caught my eye are the below:

Audi A3 Sport (Been weary of the S-Line: is it as harsh as people make it out to be with the sport suspension compared to dynamic suspension?)
BMW 118i Sport/M Sport
Seat Leon FR (or any trim that's higher)
Volkswagen Golf GT/R-Line

I'm trying to get best bang for buck and ideally not spend over £16-17k.

Would be grand if someone could chime in as this will be the first time I've went with something other than Ford.

Cheers!

Soldato
Focus ST? :p

I don't think any of the options are going to give top level comfort tbh. I've never found the ride all that good on Audi/VW/Seats, their damping just doesn't work on UK roads. Only the big models like the A6 upwards are smooth.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Focus ST? :p

I don't think any of the options are going to give top level comfort tbh. I've never found the ride all that good on Audi/VW/Seats, their damping just doesn't work on UK roads. Only the big models like the A6 upwards are smooth.

I'm not looking for top level comfort. Just something better than a crashy Fiesta on 17 inch wheels. Glasgow's roads aren't that forgiving!

Soldato
Wheels are exterior :D

But smaller wheels will make the ride better. Also acceleration, steering, fuel economy. Cheaper tyres too.

Underboss
Top Spec EV ? (Leaf/Zoe/i3) ?

failing that, if your looking at a small car, but want inside nice, i loved the BMW 1 series i drove for 2 weeks, auto box was amazing (2016 ish model)
no idea if you can get one on your budget though

i felt it was one of the best cars ive driven in terms of "nice place to be"
ive had clio sport, Focus, nissan 200, Almera , polo., Pugs as well

Soldato
TBH if you want a nice ride don't get anything "sporty", unless you actually want a proper performance car.

BMW M sport, Audi S-line, Lexus F-sport etc. All they do is stick a bodykit, bigger wheels and hard springs on it, because that's what most peoples idea of sporty is. But they are just an un-sporty car made less comfortable.

Associate
OP
Seems like a retarded requirement. There're better cars that are both older and newer.

If you read my original post fully you would've seen that I said "2016-17 or newer".
That means I'm looking for cars from 2016, 17, 18, 19 and 20. Not just 2016-17.
Not so much a retarded requirement for someone who has a 6 year old car.

Caporegime
If you read my original post fully you would've seen that I said "2016-17 or newer".
That means I'm looking for cars from 2016, 17, 18, 19 and 20. Not just 2016-17.
Not so much a retarded requirement for someone who has a 6 year old car.

And if you look at my post you quoted you'll see I mentioned older or newer.

Back
Top Bottom