• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

upgrade itch is back..

Soldato
hi peeps

do you think it would be wise to upgrade my setup to the new raptor refresh? have the upgrade itch all the youtube vidz ive seen the has the 14900k at 5.5 gig compared to the 12900k at 4.8. would this be a wise move ? thanks for reading this

Soldato
I’d definitely consider holding off until we see Zen5. Unless the extra atom cores are of particular use to you, I’d just sit tight for another 4-6 months and wait for an itch worth scratching.

Associate
If you can get a reasonable price for your 12900K and MB then satisfy your itch. Depending on your usage (heavy gaming/productivity or both) do consider a 7800X3D however imo.

Associate
I mean... there was a performance uplift from 12th to 13th gen, which you'll also benefit from with the 14th Gen. It makes sense to upgrade one last time to keep the system around for as long as possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom