Upgrade my sons pc ?

Associate
I recently required my sons gaming rig and basically setting it up next to my lg c2 48inch oled tv for couch gaming,
More than happy on sticking to 1440p gaming but what would I need upgrading to remain at 1440p for many of years:

Asus prime z390-p mobo
Phanteks enthoo evolv atx mid tower
i7 9700k 3.6 ghz 8 - core cpu
Be quite cpu cooler
Team group 16gb ram
Palit 2080ti 11gb gpu
Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb m.2 ssd
Be quite pure power 700w psu

Associate
OP
Thanks guys for all the useful information, I had a feeling that the one I was worried about would be the ram, I assume I would need to go into the motherboard settings to find out the ram sticks installed and buy another pair.

Man of Honour
I assume I would need to go into the motherboard settings to find out the ram sticks installed
don't even have to open the case up. just download cpu-z and head to the memory and spd tabs and will tell you all you need to know

buy another pair.
ddr4 ram is pretty forgiving, so just need to buy ram with the same speeds as your current
the intel memory controller is also reasonably forgiving so you should be able to run 4 sticks at the xmp speeds (most of the time)

Man of Honour
So rather buying 32gb DDR4-3600 I should just buy another set of DDR4-3200 that I already have a pair installed.
ddr4 ram is pretty forgiving, so just need to buy ram with the same speeds as your current
the intel memory controller is also reasonably forgiving so you should be able to run 4 sticks at the xmp speeds (most of the time)
^

Back
Top Bottom