upgrade processor

Associate
Hi guys
I would like to upgrade processor in my pc because i think that is the weakest piece
G4560 3.50GHz
Nvidia GTX 1050ti
Asus H110M-A/M2
Ram 8GB DDR4
if you can recommended something i would like i3- i5 or something like that what can fit in my motherboard
budget 100-120£,i know its not much but my days nonstop gaming are over
thank you very much

Associate
You could get a 2nd hand i5 6600 for around the £95 mark. It wouldn't be worth getting an i3, as any that work on your motherboard would have the same 2 core 4 thread as your pentium so would be little more than a clock speed boost.

If you can stretch your budget a bit you could hunt around for an i7 6700 for around the £165 mark, would be a little overkill compared to the rest of your set up, but would give you pretty decent longevity. In that it wouldn't hold you back if you threw a more powerful GPU in your system down the line.

Associate
If you're up for changing more than just the CPU, for the price of around £160, you could also even go further and get something like:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £60.50 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

With, for example, Ryzen 7 1700, which can be picked up for about £110 or so on second hand market (or even Ryzen 5 1600, for less).

This will not only give you some future proofing (as the Asus B450M board supports newest Ryzen 3rd gen processors too), but also a considerable upgrade path later down the line, you can always ugprade to fast NVMe storage & more/faster ram (1/2nd gen Ryzen processors like RAM running at 3-3200Mhz and tight timings, but even with stick 2400Mhz DDR4 speeds there'd be a night/day difference when compared to G4560).

Soldato
If you can stretch your budget a bit you could hunt around for an i7 6700 for around the £165 mark
That's way too much for quad core.
And VRM of H110M-A/M2 looks really flimsy and doesn't even have cooling.
So not exactly good platform for top end CPU of the socket.

Soldato
With, for example, Ryzen 7 1700, which can be picked up for about £110 or so on second hand market (or even Ryzen 5 1600, for less).

This will not only give you some future proofing (as the Asus B450M board supports newest Ryzen 3rd gen processors too), but also a considerable upgrade path later down the line, you can always ugprade to fast NVMe storage & more/faster ram (1/2nd gen Ryzen processors like RAM running at 3-3200Mhz and tight timings, but even with stick 2400Mhz DDR4 speeds there'd be a night/day difference when compared to G4560).
That's another board with crap level cheapo VRM without any cooling on it.
Because of lack of heatsinks wouldn't want to stress any above 50W CPU on it.

And average user has very little use for NVMe drive.
There's hardly any difference in game loading times compared to cheaper per GB SATA:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nvme+ssd+hdd

Back
Top Bottom