• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade Recommendations from a 5700XT: 6800/XT/3080?

Soldato
OP
Just trying to find an m-atx B550 board with an USB-C front panel header at the moment. Choice is extremely limited.
That was hugely helpful - I'll be ordering either the Asrock B550M Riptide, Steel Legend (son has the B450M version and it's been solid) or the Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite, unless I spot a bargain in Member's Market...

Soldato
OP
Swapping out was a bit of a mission, even in the fantastic Lancool 2.

But it's alive - had just finished updating drivers before I had to do the school run, so pictures were snapped in a hurry.

(Had to sneak.a photo of my son's other pride & joy; his custom 3D printed Fortnite Llama, modified to hold the Xbox Elite charging dock)

Soldato
I expect prices will plummet exactly 15 days from today, since I just took delivery of the 7800XT :rolleyes:
Sods law isn't it.

I remember someone once posted a thread on here just after the RTX 3080 got released. He had bought a 2080 TI about month ago prior to the launch of the RTX 3080 and now his card had dropped £1,000 in value and claimed Nvidia should give 2080 Ti owners a part refund! :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sods law isn't it.

I remember someone once posted a thread on here just after the RTX 3080 got released. He had bought a 2080 TI about month ago prior to the launch of the RTX 3080 and now his card had dropped £1,000 in value and claimed Nvidia should give 2080 Ti owners a part refund! :cry:
It still pains me that I paid £1600 for my 2080Ti (EVGA FTW3 in 2018) - but I'd come from a pair of 590GTX in SLI from my last build (the month my son was born) - that lasted me 8 years, so I didn't mind as much.

Soldato
OP
@RedMogg

I think Its time to discuss your budgeting skills , the Nitro is more expensive than the Pulse (looks fabulous by the way) and what about the impulse PSU purchase on top.

:D:D
Yeah...
When I put his components into PC Part-picker, total watts came to 618. I needed to buy a PSU for my daughter's build anyway, so I thought I'd grab the MSI A850GL in case his 650W Superflower struggled.
I have the 1000W MSI Mag in my own rig and it's a really compact, quiet unit (and ATX 3.0 means we're covered for any future upgrades).

My Wife has learned by now that Upgrade Season gets a bit 'spensive, but I don't really spend much on myself elsewhere ☺️

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah...
When I put his components into .........., total watts came to 618. I needed to buy a PSU for my daughter's build anyway, so I thought I'd grab the MSI A850GL in case his 650W Superflower struggled.
I have the 1000W MSI Mag in my own rig and it's a really compact, quiet unit (and ATX 3.0 means we're covered for any future upgrades).

My Wife has learned by now that Upgrade Season gets a bit 'spensive, but I don't really spend much on myself elsewhere ☺️
Understood.

Although I think the Lama mite be yours ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom