• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrading a GTX 780?

Associate
Just looking for some thoughts on the best upgrade path for a GTX 780 for my partners PC, she only really plays games like the sims 3/4, cities sky lines (you get the idea) but i find it slugging along these days

I've looked at reviews and I'm just torn between a gtx 1660ti / gtx 1070 or a gtx 1070ti? the 20 series doesn't really seem to be worth the additional cost?

Any advice would be great

Thanks!

Soldato
Just looking for some thoughts on the best upgrade path for a GTX 780 for my partners PC, she only really plays games like the sims 3/4, cities sky lines (you get the idea) but i find it slugging along these days
Although GTX780 is definitely way pass best before date, I don't think it would struggle with those games you mentioned.

If anything, I suspect it's issue with the rest of her system (i.e. slow CPU, insufficient system memory, using a HDD rather than SSD etc).

Associate
I don't know about The Sims, but Cities Skylines gets horrible fps with any system in large cities even though it does not demand much at all graphics card wise.

Before we can really answer your question we'd need to know the monitors resolution / whether it's GSync, the CPU, and amount of RAM the system has.

Back
Top Bottom