Upgrading from Ryzen 3600X

Soldato
OP
My niece’s PC had this problem: it didn’t have any aerials. I purchased a set for her and that resolved the issue.
Thanks but it’s not that. I’ve tried two internal cards with aerials and an aerial extender with no improvement. No other device in the house has any problem with the WiFi.

Soldato
It’s running ridiculously slow for no apparent reason. It’s an 8700/1070 based system so shouldn’t be particularly sluggish. Temperatures all fine and a Windows reinstall hasn’t helped. No memory or ssd errors and no crashes. It’s also got a weird and long standing issue where WiFi connectivity is terrible. I’ve tried two different internal WiFi cards and two usb ones but speed and stability are still bad. There must be a reason for all of this but I’m tired of troubleshooting the thing.

(It’s also an excuse….)

Well at least you get a nice shiny new system to play with. Don't throw the other parts away though, I like a challenge, happy to try and fix them and post them back (no cost).

With regards to the new build 7600/B650/32GB C30 6000MT/s is a great solid start. I'd be aware that in terms of cooling you really don't need an AIO for a 7600, a cheapo Thermalright £20 tower cooler will do the job, if you want to push the boat out spend £30 on the bigger one, but if you want an AIO for looks then go for it.

Back
Top Bottom