Upgrading Shuttle

Soldato
Hi all,

got a Shuttle SN85G4 V3 that i'd like to gut and completely upgrade with the best spec possible, considering its a SFF case.

Would any ITX mobo do or are they specific to shuttle and even more so to that particular case?

I've seen a few people manage to build gaming rigs out of these things, and indeed if the mobo design is right there is certainly scope for a full width gpu to go in, if its in the same place as the current AGP slot. Cooling is another issue.

SSD will go in, as will hopefully a slot loaded optical drive.
Maybe upgrade the psu as its currently 240w.

Any advice/links to upgradeable kit would be most appreciated.

Cheers :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks jf but i think you misunderstood my OP. I already have the case, i just want the best combo to go in it. From what i've read the mounting screws need to be in a certain position for some shuttle cases.
I've emailed Shuttle to see if they can help too.
If i3 is the best that can go in there, then i may just sell the case on and forget it.

Thanks again though. :)

Soldato
Thanks jf but i think you misunderstood my OP. I already have the case, i just want the best combo to go in it. From what i've read the mounting screws need to be in a certain position for some shuttle cases.
I've emailed Shuttle to see if they can help too.
If i3 is the best that can go in there, then i may just sell the case on and forget it.

Thanks again though. :)

You can fit a MITX board in a shuttle however you will need to mount some motherboard posts in diffrent places and also mount a ATX psu right in the front of the case.

I don't think its worth the hassle of doing it.

I would sell the shuttle for as much as you can and do it again.

Back
Top Bottom