Upgrading to Core 2 Duo

Associate
Hello all,

I'm putting together a price list to upgrade from my AMD 64bit 3700 to Intel Core 2 Duo.

I've been looking at either the E6600 or the E6300. I've never overclocked before but I am willing to give it ago this time to give the card the extra go. I'm not planning on overclocking out of a definite safe area because I'm a student and don't have enough cash to buy a second processor when the first one dies from heat :p

For the motherboards I've been looking at the Gigabyte GA_965P_DS3, DS4 or Asus P5B Deluxe.

For the RAM OCZ' s 2x1GB PC2-6400 System Elite Dual Channel kit, GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency Dual Channel Kit, or Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C5 TwinX (2x1GB).

Please give suggestions on what you feel would be the best setup using the hardware above. Think about how much bang you get for your pound. Please look at the hardware prices as the usual price (E.g. If a piece is on a weekly special check what the normal price is) as I won't be ordering until the end of February.

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom