• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrading ?

Associate
Hey all, I am wondering if I should upgrade or not I'm running with 16gb Corsair LPX ram, 3770k overclocked to 4.6ghz and a 1080ti, I am wondering which upgrade path to go down I know nothing of the current Ryzen and Intel processors, I only game and consume media mainly on the PC nothing really productive.

Which motherboards and CPU's with RAM should I be looking at? Thanks! Not sure on prices of these either but I do remember RAM was expensive last time I looked, I'm looking to spend whatever my system was back in 2011/12 , I'm looking for more FPS, My GPU is bottlenecked in some games.

Will these new CPU's increase my minimum FPS considerably?

Associate
I would pick up a Ryzen 3600, a B450 motherboard of your choice and paired with some 3600MHz DDR4. Absolute bargain, will play quite nicely with your 1080Ti.

Are you looking to upgrade your current system or do a complete new build?

Associate
OP
I would pick up a Ryzen 3600, a B450 motherboard of your choice and paired with some 3600MHz DDR4. Absolute bargain, will play quite nicely with your 1080Ti.

Are you looking to upgrade your current system or do a complete new build?

Just the system, Maybe a new NVME drive? I know nothing about those either, Using a Samsung 840 pro ATM for Windows, Will the 3600 increase my minimum FPS in-games?

Associate
You should see a definite difference, more so in minimum frame rates I would imagine and a small boost to the average frame rates. Your 3770K seems to be a decent overclocker :)

I've got a 2700X so can't give you values, but have a look on YouTube, bearing in mind there will be recent BIOS revisions since those reviews to improve things further. Have a look on the 3600 discussion thread :)

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-ryzen-5-3600-discussion-thread.18859477/

Back
Top Bottom