Upto £1000 for HDTV (32")

Pug

Pug

Soldato
What would people reccomend for this budget? Obviously less is fine, but the old boy is willing to go as high as a grand, but for that would want something which will last a good few years.

Reccomendations so i can point him straight?

HDMI - is this the connection we should be looking for or are there other better/more future proof ones?

Cheers folks :)

Last edited:
Associate
I have had a Toshiba 32WLT66 for 4 months now and absolutely love it. The picture quality with SkyHD is amazing. Sound quality is very good and too top it off the actual TV looks good itself.
It can be had from about £800 if you look hard enough. I bought it along with the Toshiba HDMI DVD player from the large dept store that gives away a free 5 year guarentee.

HDMI - basically its a cable that carries HD quality video and audio. It saves on having multiple cables for these around the back of the TV. Some people love it, others hate it.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
OP
Sony KDL32U2000U 32" HD Ready LCD TV with Integrated Digital Tuner £760? (With stand) seems very cheap, is that def the right model no? Are there variations on the model?

edit: scratch that froogle were messing around with me ;) £1022

Ste said:

aye, i saw that, but thought because the budget was higher it might be worth posting new thread.

How much better is the Sony to the Tosh?

Mainly SD watching at the min, with the potential to switch to SkyHD soon. Very slim chance a PC will go in......

Last edited:
Soldato
Pug said:
Sony KDL32U2000U 32" HD Ready LCD TV with Integrated Digital Tuner £760? (With stand) seems very cheap, is that def the right model no? Are there variations on the model?

That's the bottom of the range Sony model. It's ok, but not that great.
If you only want to spend that much then go for the Toshiba 32WLT66

The S-series Sony (KDL32S2010U - £830) is very good, if you can't stretch to the V-series. But otherwise the 32V2000 (£1060) is the way to go :D

Soldato
The Sony V2000 is definately better than the Tosh.

The main difference is the SD performance, which is a lot better in my opinion. So it'll be better for DVDs / TV / PS2 etc..

Plus the Sony has 1:1 pixel mapping for PC inputs, which makes it a kick-ass PC monitor :D

Ste

Ste

Soldato
The top £1k sony one is the best, followed by the tosh, followed by most other stuff (talking in terms of SD viewing, which is pretty important as a screen that is bad with SD will look crap for a good couple of years yet)

Back
Top Bottom