Urgent IE proxy exceptions problem/internal address bypass

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

We have a number of internally hosted web based programs.

Links such as https://10.5.178.8:8443/blabla

Our problem, even with the bypass proxy for local addresses ticked and the above added to the IE proxy exceptions list, they are being routed to the external web proxy and therefore failing.

IE proxy setting going out via GPO and is being applied in IE on the clients.

Does anyone have any ideas on this!?

Thanks!

Mal :)

Associate
When you say added to the exceptions list, you are you meaning it's in the "do not use proxy server for address beginning with" area?

Also is there perhaps an overriding policy that disables this, even though it is selected in the browser?

Is it just this one address that is affected?
Try adding google.com to the exceptions list, then try and access it. If it fails to load then you know that it's just the https://10.5.178.8:8443/blabla that has issues.

Have you got "Automatically detect settings" checked?

Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree on this one, far from being an expert on this side of things, but any idea is worth trying :p

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for the reply, but have just sorted it by adding our IP range with a wildcard * at the end.

Is there some sort of limit to the number of exceptions you can have.

I've just been testing, and after i put more that 12 exceptions in, it just ignores the list!!

Mal :)

Associate
I think it would be the 255 character limit that would be causing the problem rather than being 12 addresses itself.

If you've got it sorted then cool, but just out of interest copy it into MS Word or something and do a character count, see if it's past that limit or not.
A way around this...I just dont know.
Using the wildcard is about as good as I could suggest anyway.

:D

Back
Top Bottom