URGENT, need quick legal advice.

Soldato
Darn, that could be it though. Or there might be a complication with mum which means they might want one of the females back for breeding purposes.

Sounds too simplistic for me for them to say they want her back because they're still too attached and I can't think of any legal reason why you should have to give her back either. I'd keep her.

Out of interest, have you had the jabs done etc yet as well?

Man of Honour
OP
Darn, that could be it though. Or there might be a complication with mum which means they might want one of the females back for breeding purposes.

Sounds too simplistic for me for them to say they want her back because they're still too attached and I can't think of any legal reason why you should have to give her back either. I'd keep her.

Out of interest, have you had the jabs done etc yet as well?

Jabs were already done

Soldato
Ok, there's a simple explanation to this. They will refund your money, BUT, will give you it in fake notes. Probably best to avoid them.

/thread.

I'm by no means being serious. But there's always that possibility.

Soldato
We've bought a dog from a private seller, paid for, no receipt though. Anyway, had the dog for a few days and now the seller has turned up saying that they want the dog back (willing to give back the money). We are starting to get attached to the dog and clearly dont want to give the dog back and feel we paid for it fair and square. Have told the seller that and the seller is now saying that they spoke to their solicitor and that providing that they ask for the dog back within 4 days, we are legally obliged to return her and they will take us to court if we continue to refuse.

Any legal bods on here who know if thats right? Because that sounds like a load of bunkum to me, that someone can sell something and as long as its asked for back in a timeframe the buyer MUST give it back

I would just ignore them ... not really sure what pretend law they are referring to...

And they were quick enough to sell the dog in the first instance... are they gypsies?

Back
Top Bottom