US PS3 question

Associate
Hi folks,

Just got back from the US and picked up a PS3 whilst I was there. Does anyone know if I can just plug a UK kettle lead into it or do I need some kind of voltage stepdown kit or something? Any advice from someone with experience is welcome.

Soldato
Inoshishi said:
Am I right in thinking he won't be able to play UK PS1/PS2 games though?

Also are Blu-Ray Movies Multi-Region?
Some BD films from the UK will play ok on an import machine, but other wont. Somebody posted a link to a site which listed all the BD films and regions on these forums once - would be could if they could link again as I have lost it from my favs. ;)

Associate
I just used a normal PC power lead on my HK PS3. All the PSUs inside are the same multi-voltage ones anyway.

There are BD discs that are region coded and then there are ones which are not.

A very very useful place to find out if a disk is coded or not is -> http://bluray.lindsite.dk/

Thats what I use to check before I buy. But you could also try googling for region code and the title of the movie etc.

You cant play UK PS2 games. Your DVD region code would be 1.

Some games will only allow you to use servers in the region the discs were bought from... Eg UK bought game will only work on European servers (but where the PS3 is from wont matter).

Soldato
Sinizterguy said:
I just used a normal PC power lead on my HK PS3. All the PSUs inside are the same multi-voltage ones anyway.

There are BD discs that are region coded and then there are ones which are not.

A very very useful place to find out if a disk is coded or not is -> http://bluray.lindsite.dk/

Thats what I use to check before I buy. But you could also try googling for region code and the title of the movie etc.

You cant play UK PS2 games. Your DVD region code would be 1.

Some games will only allow you to use servers in the region the discs were bought from... Eg UK bought game will only work on European servers (but where the PS3 is from wont matter).

That link no longer works... does anybody else know another good site that lists the region code of Blu Ray films?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom