USB 3 Front Ports

Soldato
EDIT: Tested my rear ports now and same issue.

Untill earlier today my front USB3 ports worked fine, backward compatible e.t.c

My MOBO is a Asrock X79 Extreme 9.

Restarted machine and now they aren't working properly. They are supplying power as I can see the devices plugged into them lighting up. But obviously the system isn't recognizing them.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

James

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've had the same issues with my Gigabyte one where it had to re-install the drivers each time until I do a cold boot which is wierd. Have you tried cold booting to see if that makes any difference?

I have tried rebooting. Making sure the panel header was in the board properly. I then tried it on a different usb3 front panel header, still the same. It gives power just no data line.

Soldato
OP
I had a problem with the usb 3.0 ports on my Asrock board as well at one point. A similar problem to the one you are experiencing if I remember rightly. What solved it in the end was going into the BIOS and locating a setting to do with backwards compatibility, and changing it to enabled (?)

Apparently the USB 3.0 controller on my board is a bad one. I'm not sure if your board would use the same one or not.

Pretty sure this was enabled for me when I checked yesterday. Il double check when home.

The annoying thing is, they just stopped working after a reboot.

Back
Top Bottom