USB Audio Interface support

Associate
Anyone using a dedicated USB audio interface with Linux able to tell me which interface they're using and which driver package they use?

I'm doing less and less gaming and more and more development work at home nowadays, so I've been thinking of making the switch from Windows to Ubuntu. Workflows, especially for new/weekend projects, just feel so much easier in my Ubuntu VM, so I think its about time to bite the bullet and start running it as a main OS.

Only thing I'm not sure about support for is my audio interface.
I'm using the Yamaha AG-06 - Yamaha only provide drivers for Windows and Mac, listing their driver package as "Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver".

I've found a generic "snd-usb-audio" package listed in some discussions that people have had some luck with, but if it doesn't work out, I'd be keen to hear what solutions other people are using so I know what replacements to look into etc.

Associate
OP
Nvidia now allow their gaming GPUs to be used inside a VM, so you can run Windows in a VM for gaming.

Bloody hell, i didn't know that. Most of the stuff I play nowadays isn't very new anyway, is JVM, or has native support - so i wasn't too worried. But I'll check it out if i run into any issues with getting something to run. Is there much of a performance hit/input lag?

Back
Top Bottom