USB C Charger Testing

Soldato
How do you check what power your getting from your USB charger on a MacBook air. If you use an App which App.

I have an Apple 30w and also third party 45w and 100w. I'd like to measure what I'm getting from them and how long it will take to charge with each.

Associate
You can do this using system information built into the mac. Just search for / open system information, then click on power down the left hand side. You will get information a bit like the below;

AC Charger Information:

Connected: Yes
ID: 0x0000
Wattage (W): 57

(I'm currenly using an anker multi charger that should output 65w on the port its on, but I've got it going through a cheap usb c port replicator thats currently power a DVD drive ripping a disc so it makes sense that I'm loosing a few watts powering that).

Associate
You can do this using system information built into the mac. Just search for / open system information, then click on power down the left hand side. You will get information a bit like the below;

AC Charger Information:

Connected: Yes
ID: 0x0000
Wattage (W): 57

(I'm currenly using an anker multi charger that should output 65w on the port its on, but I've got it going through a cheap usb c port replicator thats currently power a DVD drive ripping a disc so it makes sense that I'm loosing a few watts powering that).
Ripping a DVD, not heard that for years!

Back
Top Bottom