USB Joystick/Hotas

Soldato
You might be able to find a CH Products set of Fighterstick and Pro Throttle for about £200.
I paid slightly under that for a brand new set from here, but that was a couple years ago and there doesn't seem to be stock any more.

Soldato
Would take VKB Gladiator NXT.
Unlike most others, VKB's products are basically designed by actual sim gamers and engineers for maximum functionality and not by marketroids for fancy look.
(for example twist axis is lockable if you don't like/need it)
Also for Newtonian flight model space sims you could get another "mirrored" stick for left hand for additional analog axis.

Saiteks (what ever their owner of the day) just tend to feel like toys designed for bling bling trinket look.
And while getting also throttle might sound good, overal quality is no doubt mediocre with budget wasted for bling bling.

While CH Products has well made products, imitating real world controller limits ergonomics/functions, like no twist axis on stick etc.
(real world plane controllers are designed for only that single purpose use in that plane)
And instead of non-wearing contactless magnetic sensors they still use potentiometers, which need cleaning over time even if high quality ones with good endurance.

Thrustmaster T16000M again has low amount of controls in stick, including nothing on thumbrest, to keep it convertible for left hand.
Some have even modified them adding buttons into stick wired in place of those in base.
Though it's pretty cheap and still uses contactless magnetic sensors.

Also you don't need to have different parts of controller set from same maker.
For example Joystick Gremlin can be used to combine entirely different controllers into one virtual controller in case game not accepting inputs from multiple devices.

Soldato
VKB Gladiator NXT miles ahead of all the others its even better than the warthog stick. Only issue you would need to strech your budget if you wanted a dedicated throttle.

Soldato
having owned:
TFlight Hotas X
X52 Pro
VKB Gladiator premium

I now use the X52 pro throttle paired with the Gladiator stick.

The reason I bought the VKB stick? The X52 stick was fine, but it was too floppy for me. Big dead zone and loose centering meant it just lacked the accuracy i wanted. It's not bad, but it's not high end. The throttle, on the other hand, I really like. The VKB stick has quite a lot of resistance (from the thick grease lubricant, not the springs) so it takes a bit of getting used to coming from floppy cheaper sticks, but I couldn't go back.

Back
Top Bottom