USB Memory Stick

Associate
I have the above flash drive, it is a Sandisk Cruzer Pop 16GB. I used the flash drive to store information for a couple of charities I belong to, just documents and photos. Inside it is a very small black card the info is stored on to.
I am having problems opening the device, I accidentally knocked against it and the message I get is "you need to format the disk in drive F: before you can use it".
I have not attempted to do this as I am unsure as to whether it will wipe all the information or not.
Can you help me with a solution to my problem? I have seen somewhere that I could send it off but it would cost £300 to have the information retrieved
There is 20 years of work belonging to one of the charities on the disk.

Thank you for your time

Man of Honour
Yes formatting it will wipe out all the data.

Have you tried it in another PC?

Also if/when you get it working again for the love of God make backups, no one in their right mind keeps that amount of data on a USB stick as their only copy.

Associate
OP
No Tom e, I haven't tried it in another computer but I will try this and see. You are absolutely right about the back ups and it is sheer stupidity on my part, a lesson learned.

Nix, I am a wheelchair user and as I turned around in my room my leg or something possibly on the chair must have touched the stick, the stick was located on a drive in the front of the tower, it doesn't look to be damaged, its not like some other sticks in that I thought one of the connectors had broke (not the case), I have since discovered that the info is stored on what looks like a micro card which has 4 brass connectors on the front of it

Back
Top Bottom