Use Android Tablet for SMS without Phone?

Associate
Hi

Any Idea's appreciated, I have an Android phone (Sensation) and have recently purchased an Asus Transformer, my Sensation needs to go for repair as the power button has gone nuts & it keeps taking pictures of itself! lol

I could really do with not being without my phone while its getting repaired and wondered if there was any way of using the Transformer to send & receive my texts for a few weeks. I know this is easily achieved when you have the phone and tablet close to each other via Bluetooth but unsure if its possible to achieve when the phone is off.

I have seen SMS forward to e-mail on my phone but it also says I may get charged from my service provider.

Any Ideas?

Soldato
May not help to much, but thought id mention it anyway.

I use Viber on my phone for free calls/txts to other viber users (android/ios/blackberry) but it only works if they have viber and use it also, it uses the data connection for the calls/txts, so 3g/wifi.

So would only be of benefit if the people you txt are willing to install it/can install it, so by far the easiest option is to borrow or buy a cheapo phone. Like i said though was still worth mentioning though.

Back
Top Bottom