Used iMac or Macbook Pro to play Sims 3 and 4

Man of Honour
I would like to get my daughter a used MBP or iMac. Does anyone know what year I would have to look at for it to be able to play The Sims 3 and 4?

Thanks.

Man of Honour
The Sims™ 3 Minimum Hardware Requirements

FOR MAC OS X
  • Mac OS X 10.5.7 Leopard or higher
  • Intel Core Duo Processor
  • 2 GB RAM
  • ATI X1600 or Nvidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100.
  • At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games
  • This game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems, or the GMA 950 class of integrated video cards.
MAC

These are the requirements for The Sims 4 game itself, with no expansions.

Minimum

• Mac OS version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion)
  • Memory (RAM): At least 4 GB RAM
  • Hard drive (free space): At least 14 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
  • Graphics card (video): NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better
  • Input: Keyboard and mouse
  • Internet connection: Internet connection required for product activation
Recommended

• Mac OS version: Mac OS 10 X 10.9 or later
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 or better
  • Memory (RAM): 8 GB
  • Hard drive (free space): 18 GB
  • Graphics card (video): NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
  • Input: Keyboad and mouse
  • Internet connection: Internet connection required for product activation

Man of Honour
OP
just to confirm - i have a 2011 core i7 / 2gb radeon graphics imac (upgraded with 16gb ram) and it plays sims 4 flawlessly.
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Thank you.

Am I right in thinking that 2011 doesn't support Mojave due to lack of Metal support?

Last edited:
Commissario
@Hades my mrs is still a Sims addict and it plays fine on her 2011 13" MBP with 8gb RAM. I upgraded the drive to an SSD and sure the graphics are a little slow here and there, but it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom