Used or new upgrade? Is it worth the saving?

14600kf and ddr5 would take it over £500, I hear what your saying. He's in 1st year at uni and only works part time extra £200 is still a lot, think the 4070 super is costing him £500, I will suggest it to him see what he can work.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £346.97 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Anything Intel is a dead socket anyway or I'd not recommend AM4, but some eSports titles adore that extra cache.

If he's aiming for competitive play at 1080p and buying new the above is what I'd go for.

Ended up going AM5 still need a mobo matx or itx to go with these bits

Ryzen 7600 (used)
32gb ddr5 6000mhz (new)
4070 super (used)
Lian li a3 (new)

Spend so far £655 about £220 left in the budget need mobo and cooler.

Last edited:
Ended up going AM5 still need a mobo matx or itx to go with these bits

Ryzen 7600 (used)
32gb ddr5 6000mhz (new)
4070 super (used)
Lian li a3 (new)

Spend so far £655 about £220 left in the budget need mobo and cooler.

any of below will do...the mortar has berst vrm's...also the b650m tuf gaming wifi, but that more money, so off the table in my view, but if you like the look, check elsewhere....ocuk seem to have jacked up prices of asus boards in last week
both coolers more than you need for the 7600..i prefer the look of the arctic and way it clicks together, but really just personal choice

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £572.90 (includes delivery: £7.99)​

Last edited:
thermalright peerless assasin 120 se is awesome im using one in my new rig with a 7800x3d and getting decent temps for the money :)

Last edited:
thermalright peerless assasin 120 se is awesome im using one in my new rig with a 7800x3d and getting decent temps for the money :)
I have 1 of these sitting on the floor next to me ready for my plex server build! Cost just over £30

Last edited:
If you can/want to, then I'd suggest waiting on the motherboard, a budget B650 could easily be had for £120 or even less, not sure why all of a sudden they've shot up in price.
And yeah, although not needed for a 7600 the peerless is a decent cooler for the price and will help if you upgrade to a hotter chip in the future.

Last edited:
If you can/want to, then I'd suggest waiting on the motherboard, a budget B650 could easily be had for £120 or even less, not sure why all of a sudden they've shot up in price.
And yeah, although not needed for a 7600 the peerless is a decent cooler for the price and will help if you upgrade to a hotter chip in the future.
I have noticed the boards going back up over the last 2 weeks (On OCUK) even the 7800X3D is back up to £379.99 when it was £315 before

Yeah, I assume this might be due to 9x00 releasing soon and AMD removing margin to make the new chips look better value, that's my thought anyway.

Are there new boards coming with 9000 chips?
yup, but later in the year

specifically the X870E and X870 30th Sep launch maybe...then the B850/B840..no idea when on those...unless you want usb4,wifi 7, not a lot of diff...below goes thru it

and some of the boards to look at, but not all boards were on display

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom