Useful Freeware Utilities

Soldato
OP
A[L]C said:
I know it would be a right pain, but any chance of adding a short description next to each link?
I am unable to do this (I did do it initially), as each Post will only allow me a certain amount of "characters", so if I put a description in, the number of utilities that I can list is far fewer in the Post (space).

Hopefully I have explained so that you understand what I mean. :)

Soldato
OP
A[L]C said:
Would we not just be able to have more posts and ask the dons nicely to move them up to the top?

I wouldnt mind helping with the descriptions

I few weeks ago (24th May), "gumbald" asked the following:

Can a mod move the 2 lists on the first page to be one after each other?

I had a few Posts on the 1st page of this thread, Post 1 (obviously) and Post 10, and the list was split between these 2 posts, so I emailed Baddass to move Post 10, up into the position of Post 2, in the process he said he had to "delete" the in between Posts to achieve it, he also said that it was not the easiest "forum" to edit, I take it he mean't because of the program that the forum uses.

But certainly if Baddass can arrange it, I'm sure it can be done, and your help would be appreciated. :)

Soldato
OP
A[L]C:

How about a quick webpage? Im sure someone on here could host it?
Do you mean that somebody duplicates the (Useful Utilities Freeware) list on another website/server, but in this list, add a (brief) description for each utility?

And then I could add the link (from the list with the description) to this Thread in either Post #1 or Post #2 (or both)?

If so, I think that is the next best option.

Soldato
OP
knowlesy:

Many thanks for your input into the thread.

Was wondering if you wouldn't mind editing your list, and remove the utilities from it that I already have in the main list on the first page, it will simply keep the thread neat and tidy. :)

Soldato
OP
Emo_hug said:
Yes, I think that looks very good...it gives a brief description of the utility with a link to download it...exactly what is required. ;)

Unfortunately this is what I was unable to do in the main list (when I first started it), as I am restricted to a certain number of characters in each Post, and because of the way the forum is setup. ie the actual program used to create it, it is not possible to give me more leeway in the editing of them.

The lists (of the utilities) occupy Post #1 and Post #2, and my next post is not until Post #12, if you did the same for the 2 lists in Posts #1 & #2 and then I could put the links (for each section) into Post #12 with a heading something like, "Description Of Utilities". :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm free of my prior engagements so I can get busy on redoing the lists into HTML for someone to upload. Shall I start doing this then?

Hi Marc, yes please, do start, and when each HTML page is completed (or a number of them) just email them to Emo hug, his email address is in his Trust.

Thanks. :)

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
"CMS" - is that "Content Management System"?

Would you use this to make it easier to update the webpages...or for some other reason? :)

Back
Top Bottom