1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UV lighting questions.

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by darket, Sep 11, 2018.

1. darket

Wise Guy

I don't know why but I've always loved the look of UV lighting and the way it works with my custom loop and recently i decided to switch back to some mayhems UV green fluid.

The problem i'm having is that whatever i buy , either UV cathodes or UV led strips they work ok for a few months then dim to the level they don't give out much light at all and as such the UV effect of the liquid looks poor.

Am i just buying crap quality UV lighting ? I don't seem to have any issue with any other cathodes or leds , just UV.

2. Legend

Soldato

I think it might be more likely to be the UV component of the fluid itself breaking down... unless you're saying you're actually seeing visible dimming of the light emitted from the cathode/LEDs themselves?

3. darket

Wise Guy

Oh its 100% the lights, my latest led strip was so dull it couldn't light up a white piece of paper at night.

4. darket

Wise Guy

I found the problem, its the gel/ clear silicon coat they cover the strip with, it degrades over time, just checked a new sealed reel and it has the same problem, pealed the coating off and the leds are as bright as ever :)

5. Legend

Soldato

Well that was easy lol! :)