1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V Wars - (Netflix)

Discussion in 'US TV shows discussion.' started by Kyo, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Kyo

Soldato

Looks surprisingly good.

2. Rroff

Man of Honour

Have to say I dismissed it without even looking at the trailer as the description sounded done to death and a bit too cliched.

3. Noakesy85

Gangster

Started watching this with the wife last night (she has a thing for Ian Somerhalder as she was a big fan of Vampire Diaries).

Had to turn it off after 10 minutes as she's a massive wimp when it comes to jumpy programmes :D

4. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

Likewise.

5. Kyo

Soldato

The name isn't very good but the series isn't bad. Very watchable if you like this kinda thing. The infected looks like demons than vamps. Reminds me of 30 days of night.

6. Richeh

Mobster

Yeah this was above average, not by much maybe 6/10 but I like pretty much anything vampire/wererwolf based and this delivered. I liked the fact the vamps were brutal. Acting was a bit shaky at times and the pacing towards the end was a bit off but i'd watch the second season if there is one.

7. R3X

Wise Guy

Switched off after first few episodes, really I found nothing scary about this series and in-between the rare gore and blood scenes it was all gap filling boring talk sessions.

8. doodah

Capodecina

Awww hoping it was a sequel to V, the alien show with Morena Baccarin.

9. R3X

Wise Guy

Now that I would have liked !

10. b00merang69

Perma Banned

The V remake was a train-wreak thank God the son got killed.

11. TNA

Capodecina

+1

12. darkwildchild79

Hitman

I was hoping the same really .... if i am correct wasnt it the writer strike which killed of the show...hope they do a come back in the next coming years with the same actors also

13. cheesyboy

Capodecina

For some reason, I was sent by email the call sheets, crew contact sheet and location times for the re-shoots on an episode of this some months back. There was more than one email over a couple of days. I guess a member of the crew has a similar email address to me or something. "Sunny Jim" was the name at the top of the sheets, which might be an episode name, or just a working title for the series. Interestingly, the star Ian Sommerhalder's name on the call sheet was in as Bill Wilcox.

Anyway, I haven't watched it yet - is it worthwhile?

14. Gray2233

Wise Guy

It's a bit of a slow start but it's decent enough.

If you liked The Strain and/or 30 Days of Night it has a similar vibe, I've watched 3 episodes so far and while not entirely hooked on it I'll probably watch the rest of the series.

15. varkanoid

Sgarrista

Just started watching this and on Episode 2. I think they missed a trick a little and should have done what Walking Dead did where the word "zombie" doesnt exist and took it from an angle where the world doesnt know what a Vampire is. I thought they might do calling it V Wars and in the first episode the V word was not mentioned till the online vlogger/newshound said it.
    Just got to the bit where the Doc is with the FBI so will see if it goes the way of him being part of a "task force" as normal or whether it goes a different way.

Only thing I find a bit stupid which has nothing to do with the Vampire angle is the son saying he doesnt want to live with his real Mum as he thinks she is a "monster" yet the Child Protection Officer is ignoring his wishes and still pushing to get him to stay with his Mum.

It seems a bit too much like a poor copy of the Strain or its borrowed a few elements of it at the moment with the main character being a Doctor, the wife getting bitten, (is she really dead?) and finding out which Vampire lore will be relevant, eg seen strength, restoration, but the Mike guy was out in sunlight and I`m not sure yet whether they can go into a house unless invited as the Mike guy said he was at the doorway but could not enter the apartment then it went blank and he couldnt remember what happened next. Not sure whether this hinted at not being able to enter a house. Maybe I misread that one.