Valve announces the SteamDeck

Associate
yup a big jump for the 512gb in general perhaps the doubling of production will mean i might get mine alittle earlier than i'd hoped for

it will be interesting if they have doubled production how quickly the order times increase it was a jump of around 35 minutes which is huge compared to whats gone before.

Associate
Completed on the 27th. Dispatch email on 29th. Parcel Force delivery this afternoon.

Edit:

Only had a quick look at it this afternoon, updated/charged up.

Installed Spelunky 2, Descenders, Vampire survivors. Had a quick go to check it all working OK before going to work.

Looking forward to putting it through it's paces this weekend and learn a bit more about it, as I'd like to install the games from my pc rather than over WiFi. Not looked into that yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
I picked up the Dockteck 7-1 hub and after giving it a try performance with games is awful (feels more like sub 30fps on most games), is this normal or am I missing some setting somewhere? Also have issues where sometimes when I boot a game clean it doesn’t register the keyboard and mouse (so then have to quit and reboot the game).

When docking the deck I’m enabling desktop mode and booting everything from there.

Associate
I picked up the Dockteck 7-1 hub and after giving it a try performance with games is awful (feels more like sub 30fps on most games), is this normal or am I missing some setting somewhere? Also have issues where sometimes when I boot a game clean it doesn’t register the keyboard and mouse (so then have to quit and reboot the game).

When docking the deck I’m enabling desktop mode and booting everything from there.
Never tried a game from desktop mode, but obvs if you attach a 4k monitor and run a 3d game at 4k, the little deck is going to struggle whatever.

Upscaling 720p from the regular game menu seemed to work fine on mine.

Soldato
Never tried a game from desktop mode, but obvs if you attach a 4k monitor and run a 3d game at 4k, the little deck is going to struggle whatever.

Upscaling 720p from the regular game menu seemed to work fine on mine.

Do you dock and launch from game mode? Whenever I do this it doesn’t pick up the M&K.

I’m using a spare 1080p monitor.

Back
Top Bottom