Vanishing files - Vista

Soldato
Strange one here, I was moving some video files from one drive to another and I was part way through the move when it stopped the transfer. So I went back to the orginal folder and the files had gone. Not in the detination either, did a search and they had gone complety.

Has anyone else had a similar oddity?

Soldato
Strangely enough, I was copying a file (5.5gb) from my XP machine to Vista and I noticed the file transfer window had gone, so I thought it must have completed. However, the file was no where to be seen? :confused:

I thought I had accidentally cancelled it, but now you have said that, I don't know what happened. :p

Suspended
Iv had the same sort of thing runing vista it seems to be that it somehow rolled itself back using system restore, Iv now disabled it to see if anything like this happens again :rolleyes:

Associate
so glad i made my pc dual boot with XP and vista over the weekend. Vista is there for the future when its ready and finished and DX10 stuff is out.
Xp is there for the now. ;)

Soldato
OP
killer_uk said:
As I say, I may have simply cancelled the transfer without realising, it's been flawless the rest of the time I've been using it.

I know I deffinatly didn't hit the cancel button, it just stopped on its own. Think I may try copying moving a few more files around and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom