• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VAPO + CONROE =?

Associate
Hey, just a quick question..

I have a Vapochill XE MK1, now I have not used this for about a year since moving to a dual 3.6ghz xeon system. Im thinking of bringing it out of retirement for the upcomming release of the conroe cpu, anyone think this is a good idea?

any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Associate
OP
KarlMcWade said:
just have to get a new fitting kit so you can fit it on to a conroe mobo or better still make your own... :cool:

I can setup the vapo no problem but when it comes to making my own fitting kit, I am not that good haha..

c'mon CONROE!!

Associate
From what ive read i think u can prob expect 4ghz + :D. The engineering samples seem to be clocking rather nicely. Seeing some 11 sec 1mb super pis :).

Associate
tomos said:
i have a mach2 gt (untested yet) but its set for a 939 system. can you swap the heads or whatever for whatever socket conroe uses?

Yep, you can get a different mounting kit for LGA775. It'll set you back £60 though.

Associate
How noisy are those units?

Air cooling can be very near silent/silent.
Watercooling can be near silent/silent.
Phase cooling = having a fridge in your room?

Since I use my PC for everything.. including music listenning/recording, I'll have to give phase cooling a miss if it is the same as having a fridge.

Associate
OP
I wouldnt say it's really loud, from what I recall I used to have my compressor fan in the Vapo to 85 - 100%, to help sustain lower temps when under load etc. The actual compressor is not too loud to be honest, Only pain is the 1min delay when you first turn the vapo on from a cold boot as it has to initialize and allow the temp to fall to the threshold boot temp.
for example - 15oc

Associate
Kesnel said:
Yep, you can get a different mounting kit for LGA775. It'll set you back £60 though.

i bought one of these for my 3800+ X2 but will save it for the conroe. cant be asked to take apart the system once its up and running. will just do it all in one go i think.

do ocuk sell these mounting kits mate?

Back
Top Bottom