Vapochill Socket Kits

Associate
The vapochill socket kits seem quite expensive, what other options are there? Heard good things about the Chilly1's, where would I get one from? This is for a XE2 not sure as too compatability

Soldato
Chilly1's evap heads don't Need any sort of socket kit at all. If you are into phase for the long haul(like me)then it is worth having a conversion job done. Chilly's heads give better contact, better condensation proofing and better temps than the standard head on a Vapo or a Mach.

Associate
type vapochill into the bay, it'll come up with a chap from up North, he does all sorts of mods and builds chilly's himself. Very nice bloke too, with reasonable prices, maybe worth dropping him a line.

Associate
suggest speaking to Gray Mole. he sometimes comes on here but you will find him more often at xtreme systems.

He is based in Newcastle, is wll respected and recommended and is a nice bloke.
He is also doing some work for messiah khan from these forums if you want a recomendation

his work

The mod isn't cheap however as you need the head,a re-gass, the work and maybe a coil mod but in the long run it will save you money if you change cpu sockets a lot.

Would love to have mine done but too skint atm.

Associate
marscay said:
and while yer at it you may as well dump that noisy-as-hell compressor in the LS for a NL11F ....quieter and much more powerful ;)

but more money heh :p

Have you had this work done? I spoke with the chap from the bay by email, unfortunately he was going on his holidays, but I was interested in having a new compressor and desuperheater coil fitted. Does it make a huge difference to the noise?

Associate
Pajeh said:
All that work might as well start from scratch instead of buying a vapochill?

He sells chilly units as well, but for all the work I mentioned, he charges half the price of a new unit. He also fits chilly1 blocks if asked.

Soldato
Madwelsh said:
Have you had this work done? I spoke with the chap from the bay by email, unfortunately he was going on his holidays, but I was interested in having a new compressor and desuperheater coil fitted. Does it make a huge difference to the noise?

i got it done from someone else whose based in london ..... got the NL11F compressor/chilly1 rev.2 evap/desuperheater/g-froster controller, only thing i kept was the case and condenser in the end.

the noise is a lot more bearable as the NL11F doesn't have the same rumble as the stock compressor.....drop your temps under load a good 25c too.

g-froster is nice too as it just works like it should ...LS = crap design all around.....but nice case ;)

Last edited:
Associate
marscay said:
i got it done from someone else whose based in london ..... got the NL11F compressor/chilly1 rev.2 evap/desuperheater/g-froster controller, only thing i kept was the case and condenser in the end.

the noise is a lot more bearable as the NL11F doesn't have the same rumble as the stock compressor.....drop your temps under load a good 25c too.

g-froster is nice too as it just works like it should ...LS = crap design all around.....but nice case ;)

yeah I basically am planning on the same, the case goes so well with my lian li, all in black. Best start saving I guess :D

Soldato
Im getting a fully custom unit built into my v2000, done by Gray Mole. :D

Basic phase unit -case +fitting into LianLi v2000
Clear acrylic enclosure
El-wire on suction line
Unseen Freeze Pack Controller
Black/White LCD screen
404-402 gas blend
Black Sheeting
White/Black Heatshrink
Panaflo fans
Black base plate

Those are the options im going for.

Soldato
ArchAnGeL said:
suggest speaking to Gray Mole. he sometimes comes on here but you will find him more often at xtreme systems.

He is based in Newcastle, is wll respected and recommended and is a nice bloke.
He is also doing some work for messiah khan from these forums if you want a recomendation

his work

The mod isn't cheap however as you need the head,a re-gass, the work and maybe a coil mod but in the long run it will save you money if you change cpu sockets a lot.

Would love to have mine done but too skint atm.
I can confirm this blokes talents and attention to detail. Had my Vapo LS modded by him and it goes down to -73 unloaded now, obviously that's a little speculative because the Vapo temp sensors aren't the best - but its still enough to get my E6700 to 4.3Ghz stable without much messing about.

Big thumbs up from me.

Soldato
my first intro in phase cooling was to build my own, it takes a lot of research but you understand how it all works.

i bought a baker block from ******- a US site (remove if you consider it a competitor) because chilly1s block weren't about back then. he also does custom builds for you if you really interested.

MW

Back
Top Bottom