• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Vega 64 Advice

Associate
Hi everyone

I have just purchased a new system from OCUK. Unfortunately the Vega 64 I ordered to go into it (Sapphire Nitro+) has gone out of stock. I have always favoured the Sapphire Cards over all other AMD AIBs. So what I need is some sound advice on choosing between the following cards

RADEON RX VEGA 64 WINDFORCE OC 8GB
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-19n-gi.html

RADEON RX VEGA 64 ROG STRIX OC 8GB
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-radeon-rx-vega-64-rog-strix-oc-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-41v-as.html

or do I wait for the Nitro+ to come back into stock, which should be about Mid-December.

I would like some advice from experienced Vega64 Users to give me some pro's and cons on stuff like overclocking/undervolting, fan noise, temperatures that kind of thing.

At the moment I am leaning towards waiting for the Sapphire card.

Thanks All, much appreciated.

Associate
Going by various discussions over here the Sapphire is the better card, better cooler whereas the Asus and Gigabyte are overpriced for what they are.

Soldato
@Gibbo is the man to ask as to when these will be coming back in stock..

Initially we might see a few priced at £400 again if we're lucky.

The Sapphire is the better card of the three, the Strix card is very poorly designed as the cooler doesn't touch the VRMs properly.

Soldato
Good choice! The Sapphire is the better card by far but I'll put them in some sort of order.

The sapphire is best. Some reports of coil whine but mine has been fine and most of the reports have been with borderline PSU's - either below the PSU recommendations or quality. It has the best cooler and RGB LED's if that's your thing.

Windforce is second. While not the quietest or best cooler it does a fairly descent job. Not sure if it has LED's but I don't think so.

The Strixx is last, the cooler is good but it doesn't cool the VRM's properly due to a to thin TIM pad between the cooler and card - there are fixes for this but it'll void the warranty. Bit of a let down as Asus normally has good cards but not enough attention to detail with this one it seems.

TL-DR, keep the sapphire. :)

Back
Top Bottom